1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the tails shaded

on the car

at night

thought id throw a pic of the workshop up....WOOOT!

the grill after being cut and cleaned up...

before primer....thought id show this step by step so people that dont know how to can see what your supposed to do with the light coats...

light primer

primed

light coat black

black BABAY!

lemme know what you think....? ill install it tomorrow after i throw another coat of black on then clear it once...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I don't get why cobalt owners like nightshades so much.
Mainly its just the fact of modding something....I get all excited everytime I do a mod...hence why i dont stop...and its an easy one.....not to mention my car is 99.99% black...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah VHT and Krylon Clearcoat=flat unfortunatively......go with rustoleum...

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
looks like it was too humid when you did the clear coat...trust me, it happened to me. i just didn't even use the damned clear coat and mine are as shiny as Megaman's balls

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright, I took the tails out and used good clearcoat on them, i also installed the grill...looks nice....BUMP!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I had to take mine off. I got a 115$ ticket for my tails.

Mine was super dark though. I might redo it now with a very light coat

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
if you want them Glassy smooth with no orange peel look

1. wet sand with 2000 gritt sandpaper until uniform
2. use a High polish rubbing compund thats what i did on my shaded side markers.

these are my markers after doing those two steps, came out real nice :)
... oh course mine have NO clear coat on them, but I'd imagine a clear coat done like this would look even better.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just to put it out there i need to take some of the nightshade off. i cant see ANY light..lmao...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yeah chris i told you, clear coat makes foggy, just wet sand with 2000 until uniformly cloudy and then hit them with scratch remover and polish heres my before and after when i did that

before - cloudy

after - shiny

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

ps: i like the grill

·
Registered
276 Posts
duffy you know ima have to dig my stangs tinted tail photos now.. like lookin in a mirror lol when i get home tonight i will throw em up... lets just say painting is my specialty ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.