Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Next Mod: The Exhaust

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  that07balt 
#1 ·
So I just ordered a K&N SRI for my 2.2 LT last night. Hopefully it'll get here this weekend and I can install it. My next item up to change is the exhaust.

Now, I'm tight on money right now (I just bought the intake, bought a new lappy ( 13" MacBook Pro), and saving for college), so I'm trying to play with my options.

Don't laugh... but do Cobalts sounds bad if you take the resistor out? My dad didn't know how they would sound, but he said that was one option I had. Ultimately, I want to get the cash together to get a Tsudo exhaust, but finances aren't permitting that right now. So basically, I'm looking at trying to do something custom at home, that won't cost much (if anything).

Call me crazy... if you want.

#3 ·
Your cheapest option are Tsudo and the SS/SC cat-back. If you can find a SS/SC cat-back fairly cheap, you'll have a better exhaust (although not as free flowing and loud as an aftermarket). I found one locally for $45 in very good shape.

If you want aftermarket, then just save some money. It's not worth trying to hack up the exhaust on your car. It won't really do much other than sound really bad. I recommend getting a header and down pipe as well otherwise you won't see much for gains. The DP is usually the priciest component in the exhaust system because of the cat. converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.