Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just broke up with the gf and i got some free cash now lol. I gotta 06 cobalt SS non supercharged, w the GM exhaust on. Where should I go from here and in what type of order? Also, im thinking sometime down the road i wna throw a turbo kit on, so id like to keep parts that would work either way plus get me on the right track for when I finaly save up for the turbo. Please help lol. Thank you

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
strut bar, lowering kit, short throw shift kit, maybe an intake.......

body mods up the wazoo!!!!!

interior mods, tint, headlights, tinted tails......

rims, tires, brakes, clutch

the list is endless

·
Registered
673 Posts
That's a good suggestion.

It really all comes down to what you are looking for out of your car? Things like motor and trans mounts can really shave the time off your quartermile but they do hurt the comfortness of the car if you drive it daily. Weight reduction is also a great and free mod that will help quicken up the car but again it may make the car a little less daily driver friendly.

Everything cobaltkrazy listed is great for making your car feel or sound different but will also retain the ride qualities of the car.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That's a good suggestion.

It really all comes down to what you are looking for out of your car? Things like motor and trans mounts can really shave the time off your quartermile but they do hurt the comfortness of the car if you drive it daily. Weight reduction is also a great and free mod that will help quicken up the car but again it may make the car a little less daily driver friendly.

Everything cobaltkrazy listed is great for making your car feel or sound different but will also retain the ride qualities of the car.
Why thank you IMA, i will take that as a compliment

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i was lookin for a little more performance first before anything else. I had a cobalt before this and had a full body kit and hood and lemme tell ya i couldnt move through town without a cop noticing me.... so im lookin for just somethin to help me get off the line a lil quicker for now until i get some cash saved up.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Well i was lookin for a little more performance first before anything else. I had a cobalt before this and had a full body kit and hood and lemme tell ya i couldnt move through town without a cop noticing me.... so im lookin for just somethin to help me get off the line a lil quicker for now until i get some cash saved up.
well, start with the performance section of my list

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well do you have an automatic or a manual trans? I know the 2.4 can be tuned, if your looking for some more power. Tuning an automatic can be especially fruitfull because you can adjust shift points, times, and over all line pressure. Not to mention engine timing and fuel delivery. Could also try suspention mods to help the car hook up.

G

·
seriously considering Hahn turbo kit

I wanted to know if anyone here has installed this kit to their 2.4l automatic?? I drive a silver ss sedan and am thinking about throwing on a turbo. I just wanted to know of any issues any body has come across or and suggestions they might have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.