Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does everyone get their vinyl? I want to pick up a roll of like 30'×6". I know I can find it on ebay, buuut I also dont know what mil is good, and if there is a difference in adhesives, or durability for outside use.

I may even want more since I will probably mess up the on project a few times. Well my mess up, would be acceptable for others, but I want tk do things so they look nice, not nice until you get close.

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Where does everyone get their vinyl? I want to pick up a roll of like 30'×6". I know I can find it on ebay, buuut I also dont know what mil is good, and if there is a difference in adhesives, or durability for outside use.

I may even want more since I will probably mess up the on project a few times. Well my mess up, would be acceptable for others, but I want tk do things so they look nice, not nice until you get close.
local fabric store is your best bet,

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not meaning vinyl fabric you would use on seats, rear deck, door inserts or headliners. I mean like graphics. Similar to racing strips, windshield banners, and the stuff people use to cover the dots when tinting the back window on a coupe. Large decals people put on the side of there cars like large tribals down the side. I just want a solid strip of that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not meaning vinyl fabric you would use on seats, rear deck, door inserts or headliners. I mean like graphics. Similar to racing strips, windshield banners, and the stuff people use to cover the dots when tinting the back window on a coupe. Large decals people put on the side of there cars like large tribals down the side. I just want a solid strip of that.
Yep, your local fabric/craft store should have some. I don't know if it will be 6" wide, but people use it for all sorts of crafts.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh. I thought they would only have fabrics for clothes maybe the heavier fake leather vinyl.

·
Registered
91 Posts
They've usually got quite a bit of stuff for all sorts of crafts. I've picked up bamboo from joanns for different projects, and my fiance gets all sorts of baking stuff there.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
oh your looking for a vinyl decal? Talk to a graphics shop/ sticker shop
I would agree, just remember, taking off that huge vinyl sticker after a few years will cause your paint job on your car to look horrible :(

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Horrible how? Not matched because of fade, or what?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Horrible how? Not matched because of fade, or what?
Not embarrassing, but ever see a car with the car bra on it...if you know someone who has that and ask them to pull a piece of it away and see the 2 different color variations on the original paint. Its quite noticeable just as how a vinyl sticker does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.