Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I don't have any money to buy wheels this summer, I have an idea to make the wheels look better and I want to know what people think. While looking for pics to show everyone I found a small toyota with the idea I have in my head, I think it looks better than stock hubcaps on a budget.

I have the stock steel wheels (they are not rusted and still look nice) with hubcaps so I was thinking of removing the hubcaps and replacing them with chrome trim rings, new chrome lugs and a center cap (no idea what kind yet).

Here is what I am thinking of...

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
If you can find trim rings and center caps to fit I say do it. let me try to find a pic of something I also have in mind that is like this

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

these are factory Chevy s-10 wheels.

I think this is a really nice look if you like retro style

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blazerlow, those look good for factory wheels :cool:

bbrewbaker, just found this pic of a camaro, is this the wheel style you are refering to?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I love that idea skyla. While you're at it, though, I would paint your steelies black, so they really are true black. make em shine.

·
Registered
156 Posts
blazerlow, those look good for factory wheels :cool:

bbrewbaker, just found this pic of a camaro, is this the wheel style you are refering to?
i actually like those wheels more than the Camaro SS wheels. I think it would be sweet to paint the silver body color

·
Registered
156 Posts
i believe the Camaro has a two piece wheel where the rim is silver and the center is painted black. But ive seen chrome rings that you can buy that clip onto the rim like a hubcap... don't know where to get them though

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i believe the Camaro has a two piece wheel where the rim is silver and the center is painted black. But ive seen chrome rings that you can buy that clip onto the rim like a hubcap... don't know where to get them though
That's exactly it, they are like hubcaps...there's plenty of them on eBay, im sure you could probably get some in automotive specialty stores through catalogs and what not...

Here's a bunch on eBay

·
Registered
127 Posts
thats what i want to do also, i just gotta get rid of my alloys for a decent price, o ya, and find some steelies for a decent price too... why is it so hard to find used black steel wheels from a junkyard? i call around and they insist on knowing what kind of car i have and i tell them i just need 16" 5x100 wheels and they say they dont have any that will fit my car because its all computerized and they cant sell me anything unless it comes off a cobalt of the same year, dumb. whatever happened to the old school way of doing junkyard business, if it fits on my car and i have cash, then sell me the damn wheels!!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I was actually thinking of painting the hubcaps but I thinking of just saving up for rims. Steelies being painted not really my style but go for it! Really interested to see how they turn out!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.