Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay!! Did it on the first try! There is only one little blemish that you can't see unless you are 6" from one of the lenses.:blink1:
[/IMG]

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daanng, how many coats did you put on? Looks nice and dark lol
I know...:embarrest: I think it might be a little too dark in the daytime. Kinda worried about that... I also need to clear coat/wax them - I dont like the flat black look as everything else on my car is nice and shiney.
I think I did about 5 coats...I think...had a few beers between each coat. :toung:

·
Registered
277 Posts
5 coats?! holy smokes! U may want to check out the law in ur state because those are definitely wayyy too dark in most states. I think 1-2 coats is what is recommended.

·
Registered
611 Posts
this is the next thing i want to do. did you use the nite shade spray stuff?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oops. Well I drive 65 miles to and from work every day, so the first ticket I get I'll re-do the tint, I still have some left. not much, but some. :laugh:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Haha no worries brotha, they wont give u a ticket unless that cop is total *****. Most likely a fix it ticket yanno?

otherwise tho, they look good and I agree that a wax will make them look much better on ur whip.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha no worries brotha, they wont give u a ticket unless that cop is total *****. Most likely a fix it ticket yanno?

otherwise tho, they look good and I agree that a wax will make them look much better on ur whip.
Thanks. I'm waiting for the temp to get out of the high 90's before I do a wax - I want it to stick.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
bout as dark as i did mine the first time. you might wanna just preemptively buy some paint thinner for them just in case...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
*update*
I had two Washington State Officers behind me (one on the way to work when it was dark and one on the way home when it was full sun) then had a city cop and a sheriff a car behind and next to me about an hour ago (FULL sun) no problems. I noticed that the pic I took makes it look darker than it is, but it's really not that dark. I think if I buy some LED's to replace the bulbs I should be OK.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.