Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Get some graffiti remover so you can take it over and try again, the first time you do it will not come out perfect, lol just a warning.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
its just like paintng a car, or spray painting anything. You have to have a steady hand, and just do everything evenly. What you want to do is when you star spraying this stuff, start sparying away from the light, and slowly move you hand over it, so that you get it on there evenly. if you just push the button down and spray it right onto the light its going to be darker on the spot the nightshade frst hit.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Mine came out perfect the first time..
All I can say is put on EXTREMELY light coats. even it you have to do like 8-9 Its still better than it running.

Basically use the same process for painting them as you would for anything else. (And use my sand between every 3 coats method) Also paint them just a little lighter than you want them. because when the paint dries it gets darker.

Another suggestion I can make is use the 5 corner method. Like stand in one spot, paint everything you can see from that angle, move over a little. Paint everything you can see from that angle, etc

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its just like paintng a car, or spray painting anything. You have to have a steady hand, and just do everything evenly. What you want to do is when you star spraying this stuff, start sparying away from the light, and slowly move you hand over it, so that you get it on there evenly. if you just push the button down and spray it right onto the light its going to be darker on the spot the nightshade frst hit.
Mine came out perfect the first time..
All I can say is put on EXTREMELY light coats. even it you have to do like 8-9 Its still better than it running.

Basically use the same process for painting them as you would for anything else. (And use my sand between every 3 coats method) Also paint them just a little lighter than you want them. because when the paint dries it gets darker.

Another suggestion I can make is use the 5 corner method. Like stand in one spot, paint everything you can see from that angle, move over a little. Paint everything you can see from that angle, etc
Thanks guys, I'll definitely take these into consideration.

OBZ - wait for it to completely dry and then sand after every 3 coats?
I'm a noob at this method.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yeah wait a good hour or 2 and just sand it smooth to get rid of the orange peal effect.

·
Registered
310 Posts
can someone PLEASE! post a pic of a sedan with reverse lights on with these nite shades. trying to figure out, black out the whole thing or mask off the reverse light part...???

·
Registered
78 Posts
y didnt u do the reverse lights? and so u sand it first then night shades then the clear coat it comes with or any?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.