Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright guys, I finaly got my tails tinted, the interior painted and black bowties. Here are some pictures of My work !!!

Here are my taillights, cobalt 3rd break decal and bowties.

NOW MY Interior. Painted trim and new pedals with new seats.

Well Thats all I did This week, The tailights come out little dark and the light is not so clear during day but its good over night. I hope police will leave me alone.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Not feeling the seat covers or the pedals. Every thing else looks good

the seat covers are too lose. Get some cover kings and the fit will be better. The pedals scream auto zone to me.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use 4 coats and Yeah I used clear coat also, Maybe like 5 coats of dupli color clear coat. Im happy with the tails but we will see if the police is happy about it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not feeling the seat covers or the pedals. Every thing else looks good

the seat covers are too lose. Get some cover kings and the fit will be better. The pedals scream auto zone to me.

Yeah I got the pedal from pet boys but I love them. You are right about the seats they are little lose, I will have to fix it.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Looks great... I love the blacked out tails... hope the cops leave u alone too tho, lol

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks great man, but i have always wondered why your car doesnt have an ss front bumper?
Crush, and I coudnt find ss front bummper so I put this one on, but it was hell I had to drill holles to put it on. Maybe I will changed latter on.

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Allright guys, I finaly got my tails tinted, the interior painted and black bowties. Here are some pictures of My work !!!

hey, how long did it take you to nightshade your tails? anybody actually, have an estimated time, with the 4 coats and clearcoat?? thanks bigggg

·
Registered
6,103 Posts

hey, how long did it take you to nightshade your tails? anybody actually, have an estimated time, with the 4 coats and clearcoat?? thanks bigggg
Me: about 30 mins- 1hr
Take your time and do it right.
Don't rush yourself and make it look like crap.

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Me: about 30 mins- 1hr
Take your time and do it right.
Don't rush yourself and make it look like crap.

yeah, its my car lol im not gonna mess around on it. haha. and how long to dry? either all together or per coat i work everyday and im not driving my car w/o taillights lol cops wont like that,,, actually i just got pulled over 2 days ago going to work lol 75 in a 45 :bigsmile:

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
yeah, its my car lol im not gonna mess around on it. haha. and how long to dry? either all together or per coat i work everyday and im not driving my car w/o taillights lol cops wont like that,,, actually i just got pulled over 2 days ago going to work lol 75 in a 45 :bigsmile:
I would let them dry overnight. The longer, the better.

I just let them sit in the apartment to dry.
Make sure its not going to rain though! lol you dont want rain getting in through your lamp holes. [if you have a garage, obviously put your freakin car in there!] :laugh:

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
ok. so everyday i work from 7 am to 1030 am..then from 11am to 2 or 3 pm. think they would be dry if i painted them right after work, and installed them at around midnight/ 1am???

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Yes. They're tails So it's not like it's getting hit by debris. Just make sure it font rain while waiting to dry

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
alright. thanks a lot guys. i just gotta order the stuff and then paint them lol. ill try to put pics up then, but my balt is still wrecked :( haha

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It took me 5 hours to do it, 20 mins betwen each coat. I recogment you to let the tails dry overnight, this is what I did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.