Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my tinted tails, I am experienced spray painter on an experienced track don't try this at home! Just kidding, I have spray painted a lot of stuff in my time! I have never used Niteshades but I think they turned out pretty much amazing! Bon apetite!

Me thinks it looks way more aggressive!

AFTER PHOTOS:

·
Registered
310 Posts
yes, i have to say nite shaded tails are super sexy and i CAN'T wait to do mine. not much luck in the moola department. :'(

but other than my self pity (lol). looks good, i like it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
where dd u get the materal from ?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a spray-can you buy. You can get it on ebay otherwise I got mine from O'Reillys. It varies from 10.99 a can to 16.99 a can. I don't see why money would be a problem it is extremely cheap to do. I did my buddies tails too. I will post pics in a minute.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
How many cans did it take you ?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used one can and I did all of my taillights and the tundra and I am thinking I can do my buddies silverado still. If someone is nervous about doing it I can do it for shipping plus the cost of a can so like 12-16$ plus shipping

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Not bad dude, I am seriously thinking about doing this to my car. If some people are nervous about it or weary kind of like me, maybe you could do a DIY when you do your buddies silverado?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
yeah, i did mine too...cops made me take it off cuz it was too dark. so i substituted 5 shades for 1, haha. its pretty easy though. just wash the lights of dirt/oil, sand with fine grit 1000 sand paper, spray lights and do well to avoid runs and thick spots, let dry, sand, clear coat.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didnt need to sand or clearcoat only take off, sand with 1000 grit just enough to clean them up. then dust coat until liking. It says on the can to spray even coats but when i spray paint I only dust it so I can get better more solid coats. hmmm.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm just too lazy to do mine...I have 2 cans of the stuff...wanna do mine? I have to pick up a new pass. tail light as the set I bought on ebay came with a pass. side that was cracked.

I've got the Nite-Shades, I've got a couple different grits of sand paper (600 or 800, 1000 and 1500), and I've got the clear coat. Just too lazy to get it done. Let me know what you'd want.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
07cobaltls yea I can do em, I have been charging my buddies 20$ and people I dont know $35 so I can 20$ for you. I didn't clearcoat or sand after and I think they turned out great. I don't think it says to clearcoat after.

The popo can pull you over, my buddy got a 185$ ticket for his s10.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.