1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
warren county

·
Registered
455 Posts
i'm right next to paramus nj when i'm at school but idk what county lol. i'm right across the border in Nyack, NY

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've got to speak up for Burlington County!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Fellow NJereyans..
I'm a dad to a son who'll turn 18 in 4 days. And I have a dilemma that's driving me nuts
Are there any engineers around who can help me get my steering wheel radio buttons (just need the vol up and down to work) to work. The car is an LS, and I ASS-U-MED that the wiring was there and once I put the steering wheel from an LT in, all would be good. After all, it plugged right in to the ribbon cable..so I'm feeling pretty certain it's gonna work..

Boy was I ever wrong..!!! Now I've had an audio guy (who was replacing the head unit anyway) having spent HOURS (cant wait to get that bill) with no success. I guess I just dont want to believe that GM would create a special line with a special harness JUST for the steering wheel control buttons..but apparently thats the case.

So I need a work around. I bought the PAC SWI JAC from Crutchfield as the salesman was 90% sure it would work..I guess I've added to the 10%.

Anyone have any ideas.. other than going to a boneyard and trying to pull out the harness (which I dont know would even be the right one) or buying one from GM at probably somewhere in the $500 range (Double OUCH!)

Can it be done and is there anyone you can recommend who could help me make what oughta be FAIRLY simple as things go..

Thank you so very much !
ED in Metuchen or you can reach me at ed colandra <one word AT gmail DOT com.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate to say that they may have a special harness. I went to put OEM fog lights on mine when I put the SS front end on and thought the car would be wired, just nothing hooked to it (like 99.9% of every other car ever made)... nope not from GM lol

·
Registered
931 Posts
Middlesex....south oldbridge to be exact

·
Registered
931 Posts
anyone still go to the Hazlet meet on tuesday night at staples off 35... i used to bring my trans am there every tuesday night till the cops busted the meet last may for a fight that broke out.... i was just wondering wats going on down there these days...

·
Registered
931 Posts
ahhh... perhaps ill take a ride up there tonight then....

·
Registered
931 Posts
took a ride up there...... DEAD looks like that meet is trashed but i learned of a new one on monday nights at Sam's club in East Brundswick off RT 9 maybe new week ill check it out

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm in union county... there are a million cobalts around here. There are 5 in my work parking lot lol.

·
Registered
931 Posts
i've talked to u before. morristown nj.

hazlet meet is pretty dead last time i checked. honda guys came in did donuts and stupid stuff cops came and said don't come back. i am pretty sure it has been dead ever since.
YES I WAS THERE!!!! lol dude wrecked his bmw too I HAVE PICS!!!!!!

that was back when my trans am was on the road last march

·
Registered
931 Posts
^^ Now that i think of it, i almost put my trans am into one of those hondas jettin outta there when the cops came lmao

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.