Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2007 Chevy Cobalt have changed blower motor resistor relay and fuses and the cabin filter I can feel cold air but it's not blowing hard I don't know what else to do can someone please help me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is the blower motor actually running? Have you confirmed it is spinning?

I do a lot of repair work inside the dash on many different kinds of vehicles. If you have the blower motor working, for sure, there can be other things in there. One common thing is the foam between the top ducts and lower plenum box. The foam on many vehicles will disintegrate and cause a leak into the dash. Basically you can have the blower on high, and hardly any air will blow through the vents. Instead it’s blowing into the inside of the dash. I just got done with an older Dodge Ram where I had pulled the dash to fix a blend door, but found the foam was blown out. After refoaming the plenum, it blew like new through the vents.

Another thing that goes wrong are blend door motors. They may get stuck and cause the blend doors to remain closed while trying to move into position. I also see the actual blend doors break. And again on the Ram I was working on, the center vent door had broken and was stuck shut. I moved the door motor into open position and unplugged it, which was the cheapest option for the customer. Really needed the whole plenum box, Dodge makes really crappy stuff in their vehicles for some reason. I hate them.

One other things that comes to mind when the blower is working but blend doors aren’t moving into position correctly is the head unit in the dash, the control panel. I have had many GM vehicles come in where the panel is bad. You might move the knob or switch and it doesn’t respond correctly or at all sometimes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts