Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while back my car was driving sluggish. then i ran scanner threw 2 codes MAF and purge solenoid but i had no check engine light. also noticed that it doesn't come on at all when im starting her either , is this normal or we talkn something more serious here? ne ideas?? thx:cheesy:

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you buy your Cobalt new?

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

You can have pending codes without engine light coming on.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Your last part of the question I might be able to answer in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
With all doors closed if you strap your seatbelt and turn the key to on position , without starting engine, the check engine light should be on. If it isn't somebody might have removed the bulb in order to pass inspection or to sell it without devulging it's problems. This practice is illegal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K ya ive heard of some used lots and ppl doing that suprised to hear its legal though lol...... i cant really remember but i could swear the light has been on before but ill just have to take a look i guess and see if i can find if theres a bulb in there.....

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
suprised to hear its legal though lol......
With all doors closed if you strap your seatbelt and turn the key to on position , without starting engine, the check engine light should be on. If it isn't somebody might have removed the bulb in order to pass inspection or to sell it without devulging it's problems. This practice is illegal.

This practice is illegal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AH ya i jus woke up when i was reading that lol well good it should be.. but like i said i think its been on before but since i cant remember ill jus have to check to see if its there its not coming on when i turn the key on for sure so somethings going on...

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well if you want to make sure your Cobalt runs as well as it can, you need the ECM to be able to tell you when something as gone awry. That bulb needs to be replaced for you to get the warnings.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Did you find out if the bulb was missing? Just checking in - if I can be of any assistance (checking into warranty/recall information, working with a dealership), please let me know.
Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well at least he didn't break it off. Is the light on or no codes?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Wow you should go back at that stealership and tell them to repair all that for free or you tell the cops. They could be in trouble... alot.
Second that!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Hauss Cartwright from Bonanza.

Dealer will just say it was like that when he got it at the auction and walk away scott free.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why i didnt tell them cause figured they just come up with something like thats how it was when they got it lol but i still wanna take a baseball bat neways ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.