Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed my car has no chimes? its totally stock with the base radio and i was wondering if this is normal or if something is missing.

sorry if this has already been asked i searched but didn't find

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Are your front speakers working? My chimes are gone also and my front speakers are out. A good reasont to replace the front speakers for me as a way to trouble shoot the problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i replaced them a while ago but they didn't work before either. could it be because i have the base model?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've got a base as well (05 if that means anything), but my chimes are still there. I swapped my stereo out for an aftermarket, and my front speakers are dying/dead but they're still there.Maybe you're missing a wire or it's wired wrong?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have no clue i bought this from gm as a lease return and i never heard any its not a big deal but found it weird not having it especially if i forget my keys in

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
nope i always forget my turn signals off all the time lol. I had the original speakers and they where letting go so i changed them and still no chimes

·
Registered
866 Posts
sorry to butt in and change the subject, but i got an aftermarket deck put in a while ago and my door chime is loud as s*** and onstar is ridiculously loud. like deafening. does anyone know how to turn it down without taking it back to the shop?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
for anyone who was wondering they told me it very possible that my base radio has problems, and that they are known for letting go.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.