Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi friends, I have a Cobalt LS 2007 that suddenly stop, and when I turn the key on it don't start, and this message appear: POWER STEERING and LOW FUEL.
Also its worth it to mention that all this problems started right after I changed the thermostat and also refill the transmission oil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Jaucruz, I own a 2008 chevy cobalt and believe I may be able to help. I had very similar problems with my car and took it to every repair shop within a 10mile radius of my house and no one could fix it. I spent hours trying to figure it out and nothing. Finally found the fix. Here are the symptoms my car had: Car would stall while driving, especially when coming to stops, When car stalled and occasionally after being parked, it wouldn't start. It said POWER STEERING and LOW FUEL on dash. The first steps I would take if you are still having that issue is...
1. Check fuse number 25, it is on the fuse box on the passenger side of the center console. Just pull off the panel on the left of the passenger side leg area, there should be an air vent on the top right of it. Check the back of this panel for the fuse box diagram, pull out fuse 25 and switch it with fuse 27 (if the interior light works), and try to start the car.
if this doesnt work...
2.Turn the key to the on position
3. look at the dash. all lights on the dash should be flashing. check to see if you can see the check engine light come on at all after turning the key on.
4. Get a cheap OBD-2 code scanner from an auto parts store and plug it into your cobalt if it is still not starting. Use the code scanner to check the codes on the car. When i attempted to look at mine I got an error, stating that my cars computer was not communicating with the scanner. Check for a similar condition If your check engine light does not come on while attempting to start the car and or the obd scanner is not communicating with the car, take it to your nearest chevy dealership and have them clean all of the grounds in your car. This should do the trick. If it does not it is likely a computer or other electrical issue. I spent more than I bought the car for trying to solve this issue (over $2k) so I figured I would try to help. Let me know what happens,
Sam

·
Registered
8 Posts
thank you I will try that.
No Problem!
Any Progress yet? Also, you mentioned it makes a noise from the starter when you attempt to start the car. Does it only click once right after turning or does it continuously make this clicking noise while holding the key in the crank position? You mentioned that it was "no crank no start" but if it is making a continuous clicking noise while holding the key in the crank position than it is cranking and that would lead me to believe it may be something different.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Problem!
Any Progress yet? Also, you mentioned it makes a noise from the starter when you attempt to start the car. Does it only click once right after turning or does it continuously make this clicking noise while holding the key in the crank position? You mentioned that it was "no crank no start" but if it is making a continuous clicking noise while holding the key in the crank position than it is cranking and that would lead me to believe it may be something different.
The car does it only click once right after turning. No progress the problem continue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did u try connecting the code scanner to the car? What did it say? Also, do the electronic components such as the radio and power windows and headlights still work?
No I didn't connect the scanner yet. But also its worth it to mention that all this problems happened right after I changed the thermostat and also refill the transmission oil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No I didn't connect the scanner yet. But also its worth it to mention that all this problems happened right after I changed the thermostat and also refill the transmission oil.
A faulty thermostat and refilling ATF should not be what is causing a no-crank no start condition. Unless something else was damaged while repairing the thermostat, like another electrical component. This problem is likely an electrical problem or starter. I am not sure how skilled you are with automotive diagnostic work, but if you check the scanner for a no communication status and you check for any obvious disconnected/damaged wiring or blown fuses (check starter relay under the hood by switching it out with another relay with the same numbers on it.) then I feel it is unlikely you would be able to figure it out without in-depth electrical diagnostic work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello friends I finally have good news: PROBLEM RESOLVED. After so many searches about the message.
No start no Crank, power steering, low fuel message I found the solution. All that hassle was caused by a bad ground connection under the hood. So my advise is: check all ground connections, making sure they are not loose, broken or rusted.
Good luck to everyone who is looking for solutions and above all I want to thank everyone on the blog for their help and tips.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello friends I finally have good news: PROBLEM RESOLVED. After so many searches about the message.
No start no Crank, power steering, low fuel message I found the solution. All that hassle was caused by a bad ground connection under the hood. So my advise is: check all ground connections, making sure they are not loose, broken or rusted.
Good luck to everyone who is looking for solutions and above all I want to thank everyone on the blog for their help and tips.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts