Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Chevy cobalt that is not starting it has fuel pressure and spark the motor cranks but no fire I tried to hook up a obd2 meter but its acting like there is no power to the outlet the buttons that scroll through the display gauge are not working either the display gauge reads service airbag anybody have any ideas

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Power fuse to the OBDII is the same as the cigarette lighter so check that first. Then you may want to look at the crank sensor....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it home gonna get that sensor pulled out and check resistance after everything over been reading I was leaning towards crank and cam sensors last thing I hope its not is my timing chain

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I give up i changed the crank sensor checked timing chain I sprayed starting fluid into intake just wont start maybe I need to check compression?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Ignition module, fuel pump 50amp BCM fuse.... don't give up. Were you able to pull a code?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will check bcm relay I have 60 psi at the fuel bar I figured spray starting fluid would atleast get it to try and start for a second I pulled.up p0800 I am still puzzled why the inboard display buttons on the dash are not functioning or windshield wipers will not work makes me think its something electrical

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.