Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my name is Tyler, and I am looking into possibly buying a cobalt for a new DD. I am here to 'get educated' on what years to look out for, etc. etc.

Anyway, a little about myself, I have a '98 Z34 that I mod'd to hell back in the day that I went 12's in, demodded that and bought a 99 Z28 6-Speed (full bolt-ons for now), and now am looking into selling my Monte Carlo and buying a Cobalt 5-Speed.

Poor quality, but a quick heater video in my Camaro:

Don't laugh about the LT1 part/poor video quality, haha.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Welcome! Hope does weren't Michelins.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Make carfax your best friend. Havent seen any particular model thats got more problems than the others.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! Hope does weren't Michelins.
They were Nitto DR's.

Make carfax your best friend. Havent seen any particular model thats got more problems than the others.
I have heard that control arm bushing are a big problem on these cars. I have also heard something about them redesigning in '08? Are the 08+ cars 'more reliable.'

Agreed. Before I bought mine I found a lot of people trying to pass off salvage titles as clean.
That sucks. I will have to look into that.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
You can swap out the entire suspension for SS suspension or FE5 (inexpensive comaparatively) and that eliminates the problem, drops the car half an inch, and gets better performance. Or just the control arm to remove the bushing problem. Mine was shot when I bought the car and had the dealer fix it before I would purchase it. I only hear it in the morning when I pull out of the driveway, but never after that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.