Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a cobalt ls and i have done some exterior things to it and im about to do some interior but i eventually am going to want to get stuff done under the hood... what would be the most logical things to get done to give me more hp and make it faster? where can i get them installed? and how much will they cost? (plus installation) no i cannot install it myself i know nothing about doing that so plz dont say just do it yourself...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Start with a cold air intake, you can get the ebay one very cheap. like 100$ i think, and i know you said to not tell you this but, YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF. it is so easy. IT is a direct bolt on, it just fits in place. dont say you cant do it because anyone can, its simple. and they uslly come with instructions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so am i going to have to remove anything to put it on?
-----Added 29 Oct 2008 at 11:23:07-----
i just read on anotherpost on a 2.2 setup which i am pretty sure is what i have that you have to take off a bumber and some other things.... doesn't sound too easy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just read on anotherpost on a 2.2 setup which i am pretty sure is what i have that you have to take off a bumber and some other things.... doesn't sound too easy

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
some installation instructions will recommend u do that,but its not required. If you would like I am getting a Cold Air intake in a few days I can do a diy on and post it so that you can follow that. Like said before it is really easy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that would be awesome :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
about how much extra hp can u get out of that? is it easier to install than a cai? whats the cost?

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Cold air intakes are usually placed in the fender well area, which brings in a cooler charged air from beneath the car (outside of the engine bay), which is denser and therefore creates more power. The piping is a lot longer than a short ram which means the power gains are not seen until the mid to higher RPM band. A short ram intake is located inside the engine bay and creates power with better response times than a cold air, however the air is not as dense, which means that it doesn’t make as much power in the upper RPM region and makes less power overall.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Cold air intakes are usually placed in the fender well area, which brings in a cooler charged air from beneath the car (outside of the engine bay), which is denser and therefore creates more power. The piping is a lot longer than a short ram which means the power gains are not seen until the mid to higher RPM band. A short ram intake is located inside the engine bay and creates power with better response times than a cold air, however the air is not as dense, which means that it doesn’t make as much power in the upper RPM region and makes less power overall.
Very good explination between the two, good job!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Best bang for the buck on the Cobalt is to start with the exhaust....try a GMPP touring exhaust if you don't want it Too loud or the GMPP Performance exhaust if you like a little extra noise. Then try the factory CAI for the 2.2 and 2.4 -- GMPP Performance intake for some nice "sucking" noise. All of these GMPP parts come with installation instructions.

go to crateenginedepot.com and click on "Cobalt/G5" in the left column and take a look at all the items available for your Cobalt. Let the spending begin.....LOL!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just got a carbon fiber c.a.i. ... hoping i can install it but pretty excited to get it in :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haven't gotten it yet and this will not allow me to post a link...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i did... and i get this every time...

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/newreply.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.YourCobalt.com Port 80

·
Registered
298 Posts
A lot of the 'viewers' do not accept ".php" files. It states the file types accepted in the download instructions. I had the same error on some pictures I tried to enhance with a photo shop utility. I was able to make the pictures lighter, but Photobucket did not accept the format. However, Photobucket does allow you to edit your photos after you download them. But, you have to download them in ".jpeg" format. I hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.