Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
I go to school with a couple that went to Tennyson High School in Hayward. Talking to them about Hayward pretty much changed my mind to attend CSUEB.

G

·
Yeah Hayward isnt really the best place in the world to live, but I lived in Pomona for a few months a couple years ago and let me tell ya that place is worse. I'm lucky enough to live in one of the nicer areas of Hayward.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah Hayward isnt really the best place in the world to live, but I lived in Pomona for a few months a couple years ago and let me tell ya that place is worse. I'm lucky enough to live in one of the nicer areas of Hayward.
Well that's good you're moving uptown. My friends say the campus is nice but once you walk off it becomes terrible, lol. I'm up in Hayward in the industrial district for work sometimes, that area seems pretty nice.

G

·
Yeah I work in an industrial part of Hayward too and its one of the nicer areas. Where the campus is isnt too bad, it just depends on when you leave if you go up the hill or down...dont go down. LOL.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah, that's usually the case...I don't like UC Berkeley or SFSU so SJSU and CSUEB were my only engineering choices in this area. There is a ton of industry in the east bay though...I just wish the neighborhoods weren't so crappy.

G

·
Yeah, that's usually the case...I don't like UC Berkeley or SFSU so SJSU and CSUEB were my only engineering choices in this area. There is a ton of industry in the east bay though...I just wish the neighborhoods weren't so crappy.
I definately agree with you there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think there are more of us in Nor Cal than you might think.If your ever in Monterey or Salinas, keep your eyes peeled for my silver '06 ss/sc.Its pretty heavily modified with : GM stage 2 w/2.8" pulley (18#'s of boost), fujita cai,GM ex. mani, zzp downpipe, mag ex.,ngk iridium cold plugs,spec stage 2+ clutch and flywheel,b + m shifter,quaife LSD,eibach sportlines,antiroll kit,jbp strut brace,spc adj camber kit,EBC slotted/drilled rotors front and rear w/ red stuff pads,custom calipers,smoked tails,colormatched eyelids,custom lower grill,lots of silver carbon fiber pieces(plug cover,fusebox cover,gasdoor cover,spoiler endcaps),lots of airbrushed parts inside and out,nice sound system :sony headunit,jl audio and mtx amps,custom sub enclosure,pioneer speakers throughout,full dynamat in trunk.some things I plan on adding are :forged JE pistons to handle more boost, either Supertech or Ferrea valve springs and Ti retainers to extend the redline to about 8k,and maybe a water/meth injection system(AEM or Snow performance).I've seen these cars at Grand Am cup races and at time attacks and have seen what they are capable of.My to do list is about 15 pages long, but every payday I knock out something else.you may have noticed no mention of rims or body kits.thats all cool but right now if it doesn't make it faster,stop quicker, or handle better it doesn't really need to be on the car.let me know if you have any ????? peace

·
Registered
230 Posts
I mostly ignore other Cobalt owners now, especially the modified SS owners. Even if I gave them a nod they just blow me off and try to look cool as they take off as fast as they can.

I'll keep an eye out for you though, I'm in a black 05' that looks basically stock from the outside except for the rims and tint which I have been told look somewhat stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i live in brentwood...next to antioch....east bay

·
Registered
92 Posts
Im in norcal, in sacramento

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fresno here. Bought a silver 07 Cobalt SS from a guy in Texas. Very clean and stock, had just 3K miles and I got it for $14K plus about $600 to ship it. Might mod her up some, but want to keep stock appearance. For $1K or less, what are the top performance mods I should do?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Haha. Close enough. I go down that way fairly often actually. There seriously isn't any clothing stores up here anymore, so I have to drive the 2 and a half 3 hours to get some decent stuff. I'm not too fond of Dikies and Carhearts :-\

So you know what this little place is like then eh, Scagnetti? I'm guessing you drove through here on your way to Vancouver?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Haha. Close enough. I go down that way fairly often actually. There seriously isn't any clothing stores up here anymore, so I have to drive the 2 and a half 3 hours to get some decent stuff. I'm not too fond of Dikies and Carhearts :-\

So you know what this little place is like then eh, Scagnetti? I'm guessing you drove through here on your way to Vancouver?
actually i moved to montana when i was 17. and moved here from there. its been about 7 years since ive been back to cali :bigsmile:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.