Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, wasn't sure where to put this...

Anyway, I am wondering, what is the normal operating temp for a 2007 Chevy Cobalt Lt 2.2 Auto?

And at what temp does the fan turn on?

Thanks,

·
Registered
949 Posts
Do you mean the normal Coolant Level temp? I've seen people report up to 220 degrees (in the summer) as being normal.

Dunno for sure what temp the fans come on. I just read elsewhere that it's supposed to be on at 150. I'll bet someone else will pop in with the answer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'd like to know when the fan turns on and at what temp would be considered the car starting to get hot if it went over that certain temp.

·
Registered
49 Posts
the OEM acdelco thermostat is rated to open at 180 F. I find my car usually runs around 190, on hot days I've seen it get to 215. Fan comes one around 205 I think

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Normal is 89°C (192°F).

Here are the specifications.
The ECM commands Low Speed Fans ON under the following conditions:

• Engine coolant temperature (ECT) exceeds approximately 106°C (223°F).

• A/C refrigerant pressure exceeds 1 310 kPa (190 psi).

• After the vehicle is shut off, the ECT at key-off is greater than 140°C (284°F) and system voltage is more than 12 volts. The fans will stay on for approximately 3 minutes.

The ECM commands High Speed Fans ON under the following conditions:

• ECT reaches 110°C (230°F).

• A/C refrigerant pressure exceeds 1 655 kPa (240 psi).

• When certain DTCs set

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sorry, edited my post some info was missing

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
when I used to sit in traffic and it got to warm for my liking, 195 in the 2.2 I would hit the a/c on to get the fan to run and cool it down. Just a little tip. Never been a fan, no pun intended ;) on how the fan wont kick on till really warm even if it is normal. My 03 cavalier would not have the fan go till the temp gauge was almost touching red.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.