Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
I work at a bodyshop so I see that everyday, don't have it on my car tho...its from being "rubbed" too much...some people rub against their doors when entering and exiting their car, over time it wears down the clearcoat and eventually the base coat...u can put a trim on the edges of ur doors to prevent this...actually seen some tonight on Ebay, chrome ones for like $15

·
Registered
911 Posts
there's less paint around edges on car's doors,fenders,hood, etc cuz its easier to make runs there, so they put less paint which in returns makes it more likely to get worn away...when I paint I do the same thing, just run my gun across the edges right quick, just enough to cover them cuz I hate having to paint twice lol

·
Registered
911 Posts
if u didn't want them to leave a line they'd have to blend the rest of the doors which would cost alot to do at the shop I work at ($600 to paint a bumper)...me personally would just use touch up paint, clear coat and a micro-dobber....save urself alot of money

·
Registered
911 Posts
not sure...u could ask a local bodyshop if they could mix u up 2 ounces, u'd need to give them the paint code tho

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.