Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using a site called 3DTuning.com for quite some time now. Mainly just playing around with the different parts and Chevrolets they have available.

I had done a Cobalt SS one, and now that I have a Cobalt LS, I can finally visualize the end game for how good she'll look.

The parts in the picture are as follows:

Custom Dark Silver Metallic Paint
SS front/rear bumpers, side skirts, spoiler
"Custom" hood (although, I'll be going with the Duraflex Stingray Z hood)
"Custom" Rallye-style roof diffuser
Tinted headlights/taillights/windows
Lowered
BBS RS-GT 18" wheels in Matte Black

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I like all of it except the rear wing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like all of it except the rear wing.
I agree, but the SS spoiler wasn't in the "Factory" section, so I tried to find the best one to resemble it. I am definitely going with the SS spoiler, not the one visualized.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well if you're going to go with the subtle roof lip just before the back window and you want some flow to the look I would try the sedan spoiler it would give better lines to the car or maybe just a trunk lip like the roof. You don't need a book shelf on your rear trunk lid....

Much leaner and cleaner

Something like this maybe or slightly taller and longer////

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PAINTED-REAR-TRUNK-BOOT-LIP-SPOILER-FOR-Chevrolet-Cobalt-2004-2010-Coupe-/330895072112?hash=item4d0ae21b70:g:YFEAAMXQO21RwY~3&vxp=mtr

This is the biggest I would go.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FITS-CHEVY-COBALT-2DR-2005-2010-TUNER-STYLE-2-POST-REAR-TRUNK-SPOILER-UNPAINTED-/181633197540?hash=item2a4a2ea5e4:g:jNEAAOSwMpZUqvV8&vxp=mtr

It's just my opinion of course, it's your car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By all means, share your opinion. That's what makes forums so great. And I'd have to admit I agree. If using a roof diffuser, the sedan spoiler does flow much better then the SS spoiler. For me, I had always liked how the STi crowd used the roof diffuser with the STi spoiler. I felt like it was a good combo; however, maybe that combo is best only suited for the STi.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Look at your modified picture without the book shelf on the back and it looks like something you would race and show. Put the SS spoiler and well the word says it, you spoil it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.