Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to start my car today, and all i heard was a click, and then nothing. I had somebody push my car (it's a manual) to get it to start. once i got it to work, we tried to start it again, and nothing. We thought it was the battery, so later I took the battery out and to Autozone to get it tested. They said the battery was fine, and when we put it back in, the car started normally 5 times in a row. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could be wrong, but all of the terminals to the battery look perfect. Are we talking about just the battery connections or something else? I'll already say 'sorry' for not knowing more about cars...just want to cover all my bases. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Starter failing replace starter all will be fine sometimes when the starter is wore out it will start and then it wont this is because the starter will stop at the bad spot and wont start other times it will had this happen before hope it helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is your anti-theft light blinking in the dash when this happens? If so, the anti-theft is detecting a malfuction in your ignitions switch and causes it not to work but if you let your car set for around 15 or 20 mins. with the keys out of the ingnition and the doors shut, the anti theft will reset and you will be able to start your car...of course until the next time it happens. If so you will need to have your ignitions switch replaced, my 05' cobalt was doing this for well over a year before the dealership finally tried replacing it. Hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.