Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Lingefelter has been doing that to Chevy since the 1960's. Gm still has miles to go to take back the racing world though. Ford and Dodge used to have if not still have special plans to provide cars just for drag racing (pure race cars and not street legal). They are also leading the way to bring NASCAR somewhat back to a form of stock car again.

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah... But, it's good to see them do it with the new Camaro. As much as I'd like to see a bunch of companies go crazy with them, it was appropriate that Lingenfelter did it first.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yeah... But, it's good to see them do it with the new Camaro. As much as I'd like to see a bunch of companies go crazy with them, it was appropriate that Lingenfelter did it first.
actually leighnfelter wasnt the 1st, Hennessey was doing things to the comaros just befor leighnfelter started,i guess they introduced the idea of dropping the LS9 in to it

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hennessey needs to stick to their Vipers... lol jk I can't remember who it was that made the Camaro with everything from the ZR1, that cost like $15K MORE than the ZR1. lol

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts

True, but Ford and Dodge are doing this at the FACTORY level, not independant dealers trying to market their own mods. But then again Ford and Dodge were the only two doing stuff like this in the 1960's also. GM only did this by their dealers with no factory backing.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
True, but Ford and Dodge are doing this at the FACTORY level, not independant dealers trying to market their own mods. But then again Ford and Dodge were the only two doing stuff like this in the 1960's also. GM only did this by their dealers with no factory backing.
The 2011 Z28 will be enough to spank the rest :blink1:. Factory optioned :)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
well technically hennessey was doing it seperate but if was closely tied in with gm and if you want a hennessey camaro, you can get it from gm.

this thing is gonna be sick when they get the launch-2nd cleaner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.