Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im hoping to hear from mainly orange and ulster county owners. i need to find a place to tint my window. the jackass in kingston wants to chargeme 210 dollars for a 2dr car. hell no. Whered you guys go and how much did you pay? im willing to drive like an hour out

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
2 door car at my shop depending on the car $200-250, you can go down the road a few miles and get it for 180-200 but hope you like air bubbles and a dot matrix that looks like a$$hole. If he is a good tinter, uses good film and provides a lifetime warranty against workmanship $210 is a good price. In tint you get what you pay for, plus we use a solorguard high quality fade resistant film and a vinyl strip for the dot matrix if requested. There are many tint threads on YC, read thru them, there is allot of useful information. Plus driving an hour away unless it is a drastic price drop is not worth it, one hour drive, then get to shop and it is 15 minutes until the car even gets into the shop, 30-40 minutes to prep windows depending on condition, one hour to tint, 1 hour to let sit in garage or outside for initial cure, and cleanup and an hour drive home. 5 hours for the drive and tint process.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
see that those last couple guys know what theyre talking about. tint is not EVER this expensive in NY. Just this prick in kingston scamming people cuz hes the only one in town. i would gladly pay 150. but erie countys a little far..

·
Registered
289 Posts
Do what I did. Bought precut pieces off Ebay & did it myself. Have a buddy help you & take your time. Looks professional & saved myself about $100.00!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
na man im from newburgh i know a guy pm me for his info not sure on prices but i know hes cheaper than 200

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.