Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to replace the cat. ( 150,000 miles on car )
Hope I'm not duplicating.
Also putting in new o2 sensors
Confused on Oem
Some sites say ac Delco, Bosch and denso...
Thanks......

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Stick with OEM or ACDelco. Everybody here has had bad experiences with Bosch and Denso. When I lost my downstream sensor I bought an ACDelco and it worked out the door and never failed since. I listened!!!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Yup oem or AC Delco. I've bought the Denso ones and both failed within days. Bought straight from GM and no issues for the next 4 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks
Don't want to spend the time to have it fail within a year.
I was making sure what GM used when they built it. To make sure I get the same ones. 145,000 miles and no codes. Just the cat code.
I know this is another thread, but I'll ask anyways.
Is there any increase in performance or mpg with a cat back after market, or it's just to make it sound sweet ?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Thanks
Don't want to spend the time to have it fail within a year.
I was making sure what GM used when they built it. To make sure I get the same ones. 145,000 miles and no codes. Just the cat code.
I know this is another thread, but I'll ask anyways.
Is there any increase in performance or mpg with a cat back after market, or it's just to make it sound sweet ?
I received my best mpg while completely stock when I did the gmpp intake and gmpp performance exhaust I was always 3mpg shy of my stock best numbers. However it sounded awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.