Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my issue. My daughter has an '06 Cobalt and a couple of years ago she was in a spinout accident on the interstate in the rain. She was okay but the car took a major hit and should have probably been totaled but it was fixed instead. Recently it threw an O2 sensor code so I ordered and replace them, the only problem is the downstream sensor before the cat. converter is missing the wiring harness. I have no clue where it goes and was wondering if anyone had any ideas? The car is an LT with the 2.2 and like I said the sensor is there but the wires have been clipped.
I'm sure I'm leaving out vital info so let me know what you may need to help solve this mystery!

Thanks in advance!!!:thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Has the exhaust been changed from manifold back? Downstream HO2 is after CAT. Upstream on an 06 is in the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks Coby7 for responding. I wondered about that. I replaced a cracked manifold and the O2 that was in it and that's when I saw the other sensor just down from the 3 bolt flange in the exhaust. I thought that it may have been replaced after the accident from a like vehicle and was basically just being used as a plug. What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I think your right, the hole is plugged by the old HO2. 2007 and up had the HO2S either side of the CAT and none in the manifild.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yeah, just a plug. You can replace it if you want with a real plug, but it will accomplish the same purpose. Plugging a hole.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

If you have no codes, your good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.