Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, i have a 2006 supercharged cobalt 2.0 lsj vin p, i need some help identifying a missing sensor, as well as advice on which sensors to replace that will most likely stop all the issues considering ive heard replacing one or two sensors will erase all the codes coming up, ive already replaced the Baro sensor and that didnt fix the baro sensor code so im gonna next go with the maf sensor. heres the codes and pictures of the missing sensor...
P0069
P0068
P0098
P0480
P2228
P1182
i was also given the knock sensor code but ive heard that can pop up if the car has been sitting a while and has old gas and because i just got the engine swapped, yes the car as sitting for a little over 2 months.

and heres the seonsor thats missing, which one is it? have any clues? its right under the fuse box.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Based on those codes I'm assuming you have a supercharged ss? Year and model would be helpful. Either way, with all of those codes and the fact you just swapped motors I would start by checking all connections and grounds

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

I could be wrong here, never actually looked at the wiring harness for an lsj, but it looks like that's a connector for the harness that should run to all of those sensors. Start by finding what's supposed to plug into it and all your issues might just disappear

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
The only other thing I could think of for that to plug into would be on the transmission

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
lol, no wonder you're getting all those codes. That's the connector going to the HO²s and the MAP and a few other sensors. 5V ref being the important one here.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Thought so but wasn't sure and don't have access to diagrams haha, find the other end and plug it in and you should be good

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Don't feel too bad, I forgot to hook up the maf when I put my saab back together. Just a little mistake that's easily fixable

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didnt put it back together... an idiot did. i have been having an insane amount of issues ever since the swap was done. figured he just did a botch job. if thats seriously the issue, and why all these codes are popping up, what a relief!!!

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

i'm going to try and locate the other end and see if it makes everything work right. i havent been able to have any fun since the swap about a week ago, it just says engine power reduced when i boost and stops me from going anywhere fast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so i can't seem to find the other end, Coby would you happen to know the part# or have a photo of what the other end looks like? also is it possible that the engine harness to body harness is the other connector that looks identical except its closer to the top of the engine, the one missing is literally right under the fuse box.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

OR would you happen to know where the male end is located on the car? its frustrating that this might fix all the issues but i can't find it anywhere :(

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It will be a harness coming from the back along the top of the engine. Let me go have a look at my car. Back in 5 minutes

Just realised my 2010 2.2l doesn't have that connector, but if you follow one of the HO²s harness it should join up to this male connector.

Reactions: Parthros

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
could it be this one? they look identical

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

im not sure if this helps but the one circled and the hexagon are the same looking connector, not sure which one does what but the one on top is obviously connected and the one below is the non-connected one.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
No 2 connectors are alike under the hood so you can't make a mistake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i had a shop friend email the dealership, dealer says the one missing is the throttle body connector.... would that throw the same codes?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
No, it would throw throttle body and gas pedal position correlation codes

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

You are getting the codes you are getting because you're missing the 5V ref to the sensors.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

That connector at the bottom would not reach the throttle body anyway would it?

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

I get it now, the reason you can't find the harness is because it is plugged into the throttle body connector. Unplug those 2 in the circle and re-route the harness to the bottom plug then plug the remaining connector in the throttle body.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Hopefully this hasn't damaged anything!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the remaining connector? if i disconnect the top connector, there will be nothing to connect that one to... since i have yet to find the missing male connector. am i missing something?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Exactly

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

When you un-plug the 2 circled in your picture, one will go directly to the throttle body the other one will be re-routed to the one you have with no connection.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

I may be wrong but that's the only thing I can see if there's nothing connected to the throttle body that is.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Finally actually read all the posts here, and I'm pretty sure the guys are right. The circled ones that are connected shouldn't be. One of those should be connected to the throttle body, and the other should be connected to that empty hexagoned plug at the bottom.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.