Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just use my craftsman one. don't know the model # off hand. But it has live data, and tells me stuff I don't even care about. ( Barometer, fuel level % etc) Its about 4 years old now. I used to work in a garage as an State Inspection Mechanic and I never had any problems using it for checking emission monitors, or running codes.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I use a TechII for the complicated stuff

and my Android Torque APP for the rest with an ELM bluetooth adaptor.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yeah my TechII was quite expensive. You can get them cheaper now that GM is replacing them with the new scan tool.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
If you can find it, there is an offset Tech II made by china that goes for $400...does the same as the real tech II

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
More like $800 with the CANDi module and GM software which you need for the Cobalt. And did you believe for one second that the real TechII wasn't made in China? The only thing made in the USA on the TechII that says made in USA is the sticker that says "Made in USA" and even that is probably made in China.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
More like $800 with the CANDi module and GM software which you need for the Cobalt. And did you believe for one second that the real TechII wasn't made in China? The only thing made in the USA on the TechII that says made in USA is the sticker that says "Made in USA" and even that is probably made in China.
Haha

The TechII is about the best you can have for our cars, or GMs in general. Snap-On makes some half decent ones too.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I have a snap on solus. Nice scanner but can't change values

·
Registered
39 Posts
Any scan tool that lets you change values (other than the TechII?) I use VAGcom on the VWs and it lets me change many settings in the car. I was wondering if there is asomething like that for GM.

thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.