Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have been working on this project for about 3 days now, but I am EXTREMELY happy with the outcome!
I took apart the door panel, painted the base and cubby and recovered the arm rest
Before:

AFTER!

What do you guys think?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
What did you use to paint the doors? Cause I'm going to paint mine black eventually.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just used krylon fusion paint for plastics and some random clear coat.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good. Like a profesional did it. What cover the doors with
Thanks man! the key is taking your time! I recoverd the arm rests with this like fake leather/vinyl stuff I found at a fabric store. they had quite a few colors.

·
Registered
673 Posts
whoa, that was surprising. It looks nice though. You can definitely tell you put a lot of time in it.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
so do you have to sand the door panels down?
or do you just paint them with the paint.
because i kinda wanna do this
and i really want black inserts but don't want to re fabric them because im not that great doing that

so anyone selling selling black inserts let me know

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
whoa, that was surprising. It looks nice though. You can definitely tell you put a lot of time in it.
Thanks IMA!
so do you have to sand the door panels down?
or do you just paint them with the paint.
because i kinda wanna do this
and i really want black inserts but don't want to re fabric them because im not that great doing that

so anyone selling selling black inserts let me know
No, I didn'y do any sanding on the doors before I painted them. The texture of the door itself was enough to hold the paint in place. I just made sure the surface was nice and clean and went over it with some paint thinner before i started painting.

Another option for you is getting some fabric/vinyl die and hit them with that. Its kinda like spray paint. Your not going to find anyone who wants to sell they're inserts. But you might be able to find some in a wrecked SS/SC

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
very nice bro! must have taken forever, but the hard work was worth it!!!!!
and glad to see you went with the krylon. that stuff matches well.:toung:
wanna do mine now, im to lazy! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Yeah man it worked out well! thanks again for your help with that! And thanks for the compliment!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.