Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a 2007 ls cobalt and I bought it about 2 years back. There has always been a clicking sound only on the driver side. It would make a lot of clicks. Only when I get to the speeds of 50 and 80; also, when I slow down but it doesn't make the noise until I slow down til like the 40s.

I've brought my cobalt to shops and I've had my brake pads changed and routers turned but it never went away. If a guy from one of those shops test drove it, they didn't know what it was.

I hope someone could tell me whats wrong with it. :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
well brakes are ruled out, it shouldnt be wheel bearing since it hasnt failed yet.
Probably a flaw with the drivers side axle, cv joint could be the issue.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^check the boot for tears and possible leaking grease.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Hello!

I have a 2007 ls cobalt and I bought it about 2 years back. There has always been a clicking sound only on the driver side. It would make a lot of clicks. Only when I get to the speeds of 50 and 80; also, when I slow down but it doesn't make the noise until I slow down til like the 40s.

I've brought my cobalt to shops and I've had my brake pads changed and routers turned but it never went away. If a guy from one of those shops test drove it, they didn't know what it was.

I hope someone could tell me whats wrong with it. :)
Have you made any progress since your last post, aliciamariee21? Hope all is going well!
Sarah, GM Customer Service

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.