Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just had some work done on the front of my car (small front impact, not straight on), had the radiator fixed (took them a few times to get it right), but when they gave it back to me last it was leaking transmission fluid everywhere! the car shifted sort of odd also, so i brought it back the next day. they said when they fixed the bumper, radiator, lights, and lower support bar they had to open the transmission for some reason, not sure why. they said when they put it back together they didnt plug the hose in correctly so it came out.

now.. im noticing a weird shifting when i stop quickly, at a stop sign, and then try to accelerate. it seems as though if i dont wait a few seconds it is still in 2nd maybe? and then quickly shifts down to 1st and then back to 2nd. i dont know much about this stuff, but this is what it feels like to me. twice in the last week now it has also taken a while to shift into 2nd gear, went up to around 3000rpms at pretty normal acceleration.

any ideas? i dont know if the leaking transmission fluid could have messed it up, it didnt shift THAT erratically after the leak so im not sure how much came out. i only have 46,000 miles on the car.

thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
^^ X2 here, i work in auto parts, they should fix it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just went back this morning and they said they couldn't check the fluid levels, only fill it. they said i had to go to a dealer to have it checked, however they would reimburse me for the charges, good thing!

I noticed they overfilled the coolant, which makes me wonder if htey overfilled the transmission fluid, which from what i read looks like that could cause you problems as well? the dealer said they would check it and.. of course makes a recommendation of flushing the system. not sure what i should do, but ive got an appointment in 2 hours.

ugh, cars are so annoying!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well just found out that my car was running on 5 quarts of tranny fluid when its supposed to be around 12, so i was running quite low. the car seems better, but i think i felt a little slippage again after accelerating quickly after slowing.. should this tranny flush and fill make the car 100% better directly after having it done, or does it take some time to "work its way through the lines' or whatever.. i dont know much about this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.