Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1068 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Oh okay haha, thought you were talking about stock headlight retrofits. If I ever build another set it will be with one of the aftermarket lights

·
Registered
70 Posts
So I just installed my first mod! :D wanted to share it with you guys !

Installed this with my first ratchet kit I've ever bought (purchased 2 days ago, 360$ value with a 72% rebate and a 20$ gift card, so I paid 80$ for a 183 pieces ratchet kit brand new. Think I made a good deal haha)

Alternatively, one of my friend wanted to learn how to drive a manual today and after teaching him the theory, let him in the driver seat (the car was completely cold) and he started the car but he had his foot on the clutch and the accelerator pedal... did a 3 second redline from the moment he started the engine and when I shut it off and opened the hood, I was smelling oil... Hope it didn't damage anything :'(

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Lol I was trying to teach my gf how to drivr manual but she kept going into first instead of 3rd, so I had to stop...

And I kinda did a thing....

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I loved the blue, but the paint job was crap. And if I was going to repaint I wanted a whole new color. She is now cement grey metallic.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I was gonna say, Looks good and different.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Hope they removed all bumper stickers before painting it this time....

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
lol no safety decals on it this time...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
It does look great don't get me wrong, I was just in love with that blue. Even if it was a bad paint job it looked beautiful in the pictures

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I miss the blue too, but I was starting to get some rust in the really bad spots where the paint ws peeling and flaking off so it was time to get done.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Lol I was trying to teach my gf how to drivr manual but she kept going into first instead of 3rd, so I had to stop...

And I kinda did a thing....

I really like the new paint job! Don't get me wrong, the old one was cool, but this is just so pretty too.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

And it's such a unique color, since this wasn't offered from the factory.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Those wheels <3

I'll admit, I'm pretty jelly of that car. It's just beautiful. Not over the top, but more styling than an SS. I think you hit the perfect balance.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Those wheels <3

I'll admit, I'm pretty jelly of that car. It's just beautiful. Not over the top, but more styling than an SS. I think you hit the perfect balance.
Thats exactly where I'm trying to go with her :D thanks man!

Reactions: Parthros

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alright, time to represent myself in the sedans thread, even if I'm a little green and I haven't had the cash for many mods yet. Only exterior visual mod so far is the shorty antenna, everything else has been under the hood.

Looks basically stock for now. Planning on some tail light work (LED conversion) as well as headlights, when I get the money. Also going to put an exhaust on there at some point. Sorry for no rear pictures, bumper's still busted up from when I got rear ended a few months ago and haven't used the insurance money for it yet.

Here's the interesting stuff:

Got an SRI from BestCarPart on ebay, it's bargain-basement but works just fine and looks pretty good. Mounting solution isn't very clean, but I plan on improving it at some point, as well as perhaps messaging them about getting their CAI downtube to get the filter in the fender. I've since added hose clamps to the PCV hose and plan on replacing the ones on the intake with t-bolt clamps, I'd been having some issues with vacuum leak and I generally think it'll look cleaner. I've also resleeved some of the wiring harness, since then I've done more of it (that nasty stuff by the injectors in these photos) and replaced the hood insulation with one of those reflective fiberglass mats.

I did a pretty thorough writeup back when I painted the valve cover, if you want to look at that. There are more pictures of the car there too. I used Duplicolor, turned out great and I love it... always hated that plastic cover under the hood.

All in all it's not much, but for an unemployed student's first car I think it's going pretty well. I have big plans for it and it's where most of my spending money has gone to lately.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Looks good man! We all started somewhere so no need to apologize about being mostly stock! Just take your time and by the looks of what you've done so far, she'll be clean as ****

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks good man! We all started somewhere so no need to apologize about being mostly stock! Just take your time and by the looks of what you've done so far, she'll be clean as ****
Thanks a lot for the compliment! It's decidedly a 'he' though. :tongue:
I'm hoping to keep this car with me for a long time... it's special to me not only because it's my first but there's also just something about the Cobalt I really love, compared to similar cars I've driven like my Dad's Scion TC. Just a great car all around.

I'm hoping to keep the overall look clean- in fact, I cleaned the interior earlier today, lol. I've been trying to balance my mods for performance and looks, so far I've been doing smaller cheaper visual modifications here and there while I save up for more expensive stuff like a catback. Next on the list visually is probably going to be doing some basic work on the interior- seat covers, lighting, eventually painting trim. That's another reason I love this car; the worthwhile upgrades and modifications you can make are limited solely by your time and money.

1041 - 1060 of 1068 Posts