Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 657 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im not sure if this is the right place but was wondering if someone could give me a quick answer....I installed a plug and play HID kit today on my 06 cobalt LS and everything went pretty smooth. But have noticed now when I start my car, only the left light comes on and I need to flash my lights a few times for the right one kicks in. Wondering if this is a problem with my kit or if other experience this. Thanks in advance

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
Yeah, pull the DRL fuse and see what happens.

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
No, it does.

·
Registered
5 Posts
does anyone know if you have to modify the gen 1 housing to get the h1 bulb to fit? ive talked to a lot of people and some say you do and some say they didnt.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ok I need some clarification on this. Im getting 4th generation projectors, and a set of HID kits with them. I want to get 50,000k for the lows, and 60,000k for the highs. So ill need 2 kits? And also would I need to pull the drls for an 06? I dont really wanna lose my running lights. Also I believe the drls are also the turn signals? Sorry if this sounds stupid but im super confused on this mod :'(

·
Registered
113 Posts
you mean 5000 and 6000K? and no in an 06 your DRL is the parking lamp not the headlight, you could pull it if you wanted them to go off though
yes thats what I mean haha. Ok cool cause I've heard problems of people running HIDs with DRLs on. And do you think having 2 kits for high and low would be too much for the battery to handle?

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Im frustrated. I bought a 6k h4 high/low kit and my high beams don't work... like nothing happens when I switch between the two. any ideas?

41 - 60 of 657 Posts