Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 701 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
ok so i have a 05 ss/sc i was looking at the intake yesterday and its hiding somewhere so the owners manual of corse has nothing about it just a 2.4 and under neeth the car is protected by plastic covers. so anyone know what the special trick is to getting to my airbox? and how bad of an idea would swiss cheeseing it be untill i get my typhoon

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
K&N says to cap it... so thats how I have mine set up. all intakes work on the 09(and the K&N heat shield DOES fit) you just have to follow the 05 instructions and kinda go with it lol

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
okay so looking around the site for the best intake setup and i wanna go with an injen but whats all the deal with SAI does my 08 have that? I know the difference between SRI which is Short Ram Intake and CAI Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
403 Posts
ok i do not know much about intakes at all but i have noticed that some of you all have the intakes sitting in the engine bay while others have it running down else where. where else do you guys run it to and what is the difference if there is any?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
ok i do not know much about intakes at all but i have noticed that some of you all have the intakes sitting in the engine bay while others have it running down else where. where else do you guys run it to and what is the difference if there is any?
SRI sits high, LIKE THIS

CAI runs down near the tire/ where the resonator used to be.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Can someone that has an Injen CAI installed do me a favor? Take a picture of the intake from up above the engine bay down to where the filter is? I need to see how low it goes and it's impossible to tell with a regular shot of someones bay.

21 - 40 of 701 Posts