Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
isnt your car supercharged? lol. i plan on keeping my car clean without the forced induction. i really wanna get the turbo ss rather than doing my own turbo build. slapping a snail under the hood at 74K miles isnt looking too good ..hehe

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I really want to make a 200+ HP firebreather(haha forza) but I hear banter on the forums that the 2.4 isnt capable of that without boost:)notrust:)

I know the cheap(er) bolt ons..headers intake exhaust etc, mabey a tune, but what else creates HP in an N/A engine.. because thats all I can think of... besides spray.. and I'm not doing that lol.

·
Registered
611 Posts
cams

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
you can get over 200 hp... you probably can get A LOT more than 200 hp actually... it just wont be cheap lol

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Na is so worthless if your looking for hp. **** the cocksucking turbo's also. It's neither supercharge your cobalt or get lost IMO
I think you mean either lol. and thats your oppinion, but lots of people(myself included) disagree. A high hp na build is way more impressive

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think you mean either lol. and thats your oppinion, but lots of people(myself included) disagree. A high hp na build is way more impressive
i agree as well, on top of that, up grading internals first from what i understand is how you do the build right, yes i agree its seems the most expensive, but say you t/c or S/C your 2.2 balt without doing internals, from what ive read i think the most boost you can run safely is about 12 psi, from what i guess with doing internals you should be able to run 17 safely, i now im a newcomber but thats what makes sense to me please guys if im wrong, correct me, this is not anything personal, i think you have an awesome car

·
Registered
439 Posts
A high hp COBALT NA? Shit noone has ever cracked 200hp on na so how is that high hp?thats not high hp so theres not much room for an impresive NA cobalt build for that reason.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

BTW im not trying to flame on the NA peeps in here at. I wana see an 200 hp na with interior gutted out and thwn im sure it will roll the FCK out

·
Registered
439 Posts
What suck about high hp Na 4 cylinder's is that there's a few Honda hatch's here with like 220hp Na. K20 swap though but still it's gay to see Honda's making more Na HP than cobalt's. These hatches are quick as shit for being NA... also the fact that they wieght around 1900 lbs help alot.. I can proudly say an Honda hatch is my next car to build up but with an turbo on it..

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
What suck about high hp Na 4 cylinder's is that there's a few Honda hatch's here with like 220hp Na. K20 swap though but still it's gay to see Honda's making more Na HP than cobalt's. These hatches are quick as shit for being NA... also the fact that they wieght around 1900 lbs help alot.. I can proudly say an Honda hatch is my next car to build up but with an turbo on it..
i concur to the fullest :)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
the k20 is king of 4 bangers imo. capable of nearly 400hp on a stock block... damn

You COULD theoretically have a 200+hp na cobalt. you just would be doing a fairly major build. which something I think would be sweet to see. Im more impressed by like 250 na than even 400 boosted when it comes to such a small motor

·
Registered
17 Posts
well anywayz the whole jist of my post is that i wanna do something different, im not looking for crazy HP but enough... in fact im going to post a new thread feelin out something, but hey thanks for the advice ya'll have given

·
Registered
22 Posts
O.K. I'll bet any one of the N/A haters on here that my Cobalt is 200+Hp, give me a try Homie!

2008 White W/Black stripes 2.2L Chevy Cobalt SE(Special Edition) MODS: Ingals Stiffy Tourqe Damper, Injen C.A.I., Vibrent Performance 4-2-1 Exhaust Manifold W/High flow Catted Down pipe,2.4L Manifold, Corsa Touring 2.5" CatBack W 3" Tail Pipe,MRZ Under Drive Pulley,MRZ Fluids Billet covers set,MRZ Strut Bar,Halo Projector Headlights (no H.I.D.), Red "X" L.E.D. Tail Lights, Custom Red L.E.D. light ring around the revers lights & finally “Trifecta Tuned”YouTube - Racing DAD on i391 in Holyoke.mov
P.S. this was before the 2.4L manifold MOD.LOL!

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
"Injen C.A.I., Vibrent Performance 4-2-1 Exhaust Manifold W/High flow Catted Down pipe,2.4L Manifold, Corsa Touring 2.5" CatBack W 3" Tail Pipe,MRZ Under Drive Pulley"

$100 says you have 175 to the wheels or less. Most likely less.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

the k20 is king of 4 bangers imo. capable of nearly 400hp on a stock block... damn

You COULD theoretically have a 200+hp na cobalt. you just would be doing a fairly major build. which something I think would be sweet to see. Im more impressed by like 250 na than even 400 boosted when it comes to such a small motor
Plenty of turbo Cobalts making 400+ on stock longblocks.

·
Registered
17 Posts

both LSJ and LNF have broken 450whp on stock blocks.. wtf are you talkin about man...

a guy on JBO (cavalier, not a cobalt) dynoed 197whp with his 2.2 when it was built, he's since built a new eco that uses an LE5 crankshaft with L61 pistons (I THINK), but displacement is around 2.3L. Through an automatic he dynoed at 175hp at 7700rpm, and the engine is designed to spin to 10,000rpm.

the car on the old setup ran 13.4 all motor.

Maybe its me, but I think if you're going to call something a 'build' it has to include MORE than bolt on parts.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts