Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
CUT factory springs, ~3ish front/back...gonna take it lower in the spring (front only)
DISCLAIMER: This is NOT for every1! So I dont suggest any1 do it unless you KNOW what ur doing & are prepared to have a car w/ cut springs-a whole new set of rules to follow! lol

see the slight calirake? I need to lower the front down about a half inch... maybe not even that much... excited to do that! lol... oh & my rims are 17's... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmstance! :laugh:

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
the lobalt has the sexiest stance of them all lol. I know from personal experience!

oh my bad, I just remembered that this is supposed to be pics only, you can delete this post lol

·
Registered
485 Posts
Cobalt Addiction #1 Springs

I need to take some new pics. Oh and I'm gonna have to say "Hail Ceaser!" when it comes to best stance. When you can get that low without cutting your springs, that's impressive.

·
Registered
455 Posts
haha you ever get nailed for not having your front plate in NY?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ou also know that real dangerous. Along with ur cut springs. The tire wall isn't supposdto sit at 45 degrees. There's also the danger to other drivers as well. Bad iidea if unask me plus it doesn't look good on cobalts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
if the car is dropped enough a stretched tire will look good on anything. no one's done it correctly yet. oe manufacturer will never approve of tire stretching but it's by no means is a 215 on a 9 wide wheel dangerous. it's been done on thousands of cars. cut springs is dangerous but I'm going back to regular drop springs asap.

1 - 20 of 274 Posts