Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 820 Posts

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Threads about building your car and putting a turbo on it... lets try to keep the chatter to a minimum...

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your threads to your build for turbocharging your car.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
There is a supercharger build thread..also a NA build thread..I'm starting my Turbocharger build..Currently saving the money

·
Registered
821 Posts
well then... I guess that I WILL be scanning a few pages from some turbo mags and posting them in here... Explanations, sizes, upgrades, and general info.... Unfortunately it's gonna take me quite some time to get odone with training.

I guess a good place to begin would be a how to on stock turbo removal, or installation on a non turbo.... Any takers?

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we have one and I will post up a thread in a bit

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Give me until may and I will write my how-to and build on putting the BTF GT3076R Full kit on for you guys. As I just bought it and it just arrived at the house, I'm now waiting for myself to get home to install. Then will come valve springs/retainers, full P&P, and rods if I can find some, possibly head studs, and I'll be trying to push roughly 25-30psi of boost on it by the end of summer :D I'll keep you guys updated for sure! lol

·
Registered
3,545 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Give me until may and I will write my how-to and build on putting the BTF GT3076R Full kit on for you guys. As I just bought it and it just arrived at the house, I'm now waiting for myself to get home to install. Then will come valve springs/retainers, full P&P, and rods if I can find some, possibly head studs, and I'll be trying to push roughly 25-30psi of boost on it by the end of summer :D I'll keep you guys updated for sure! lol
Amazing! that will really help me since I'm planning on doing a very similar setup on my 09 coupe. Excited to see what you come up with! How many HP are you expecting to be pushing, and approximate price range once build is complete?

Well this is the kit that I'm saving up for..What do u guys think?
Garrett Cobalt Alpha Turbocharger Kit GT ESSENTIALS KIT 766621-0003
Those are real hard to find now since Garrett stopped production. And if you do find them....man they are getting up there in price. But it is def a good kit, garrett makes some serious turbo kits.

·
Registered
600 Posts
im gonna be piecing together a turbo kit for my car. buying a Garrett GT2860R :). Ill let you guys know progress~

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Amazing! that will really help me since I'm planning on doing a very similar setup on my 09 coupe. Excited to see what you come up with! How many HP are you expecting to be pushing, and approximate price range once build is complete?

Those are real hard to find now since Garrett stopped production. And if you do find them....man they are getting up there in price. But it is def a good kit, garrett makes some serious turbo kits.
Well, with the 3076 pushing 30psi and my other mods to support it I'm hoping to be around 500hp. My tune will allow about 450hp for daily driving and 500-515hp on the track. That's what I'm hoping for by the end of the summer.:) This will be on an 09 coupe as well, so I'll let ya know what my numbers are after the build and I'm sure you'll follow the build thread lol.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
well guize..I have about only 200 saved up so far for a 2600 dollar kit...Thinkin bout just getting a loan...Should I?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
well guize..I have about only 200 saved up so far for a 2600 dollar kit...Thinkin bout just getting a loan...Should I?
Most definitely not. One thing you do not want to do is be in debt for car parts. What if something uncalled for happens and you need a loan? Then you already took it out for a turbo kit which you won't e able to get the same money back for. Just put aside every paycheck and budget your money. Instead of goin to dinner or sumtin next time, put it aside forthe kit. If you do this regularly, you will see the money build up fast. You just haveto have the discipline to put aside every pay check and nt spend on other things like eating out etc. Good luck man!

1 - 20 of 820 Posts