Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i brought my 05 ss s/c to a mechanic today to find out why i have this rattle sound in the steering column and it sorta drifts to the left. After diagnosing... i need a new steering rack.....at 52k...... So now do i spend over a grand in parts and labor...or say **** u cobalt and sell it?

pretty disappointing honestly... This shouldnt be a issue on these cars. (although it commonly is)

so i guess just a ***** rant here... i want to get rid of this car desperately now..... fkn "american revolution" my ass!!

:laugh: I ALWAYS said GM made crap... but i thought i was just being a typical Ford guy back then...so I got the chevy and holy crap, I was right!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
probably be a waste of money. The mechanic didint even lean twords me replacing it. Not pushing a sale or anything.. It was at chevy under warranty about 2 years ago they replaced the intermediate shaft...did nothing. They said if that didint do it, the steering colum/rack would need to be replaced. So its really already 2 mechanics that say the rack.

·
Registered
360 Posts
If there was a recorded issue with this (your car) before
the warranty expired, I BELIEVE that they would
have to cover this under warranty ????
I said I BELIEVE !
I'd see what I could dig up but, busy weekend.
Good Luck !

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It's a warranty part, if they didnt fix it initially, they ought to now.

It's the whole reason i went with my 92, cause older chevys RULE!

·
Registered
13 Posts
go get it fixed...what other companies do u see now making 260 to the wheels on a 4 cyl...dont talk bad on chevy man...theyre good vehicles...but anyways i would fix it and see if the warrantee will cover it becuz u shouldnt have that problem after only 52K miles...good luck tho

·
Registered
14 Posts
Since is turned into a rant. Every car is a POS. EVER ONE of them. I’m with Codyak. I’m a Ford guy. Have always been. But let’s face it. American car maker really don’t make compacts. Well at least desirable ones. The Cobalt has a really nice look, stance and just enough power to please. The amount of 3rd party support is more than adequate.
Trust me on these points. I traded in my 06 Forenza for the Cobalt. No one made anything for that. Not even OEM replacements.
~JF~
PS. This thread makes me more than happy that I got the extended warranty to 75K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.