Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes car is a 2004 cavalier 2.2 L61. It started making a "popping" sound from the left front when she takes left turns at a moderate speed. I crawled underneath this morning, and shook down the front end short of the ball joints. When i yanked on the left front CV shaft it had some play. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Replace the CV shaft.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
same thing. lol
Do some research.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im at work. Dont be a dick. Ill look at it when i get off work

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Thanks tho.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
How was I being a dick?
lol......

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

you're the one on a cobalt forum asking about a cavi....
and then i provide you a how-to... and i'm the dick.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Because, god forbid, you said do some research of his own...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
oooOoOoOo i'm sorry andrew.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Apologize to him, I thought it was funny. He already hates me though because I told him running HID's in the stock housings is stupid.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And i do it to piss people like you off.

i have a cobalt, and im not sure if you paid attention, but i posted in the "other cars" section. Your how to like says cruze, cobalt and G5. Wasnt exacty sure the J-body drive train was identical to the delta platform. Plus im at work and trying to figure this shit out on the fly. And andrew just likes to cause drama with peoples problems.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I like to see stuff done properly not half assed or awful looking. So I actually say what I think and people get mad.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was the first thing i ever did to my cobalt. I ended up taking them out anyway because you said it wasnt a good look

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Thank you :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its not that i hate you, it was just you come off as rude alot of times. Good information, but poor delivery lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
When he wants to be. lol Got to admit Andrew is getting the hang of it but might still need tweaking, because on forum we have people easily offended like we have people that just can't be hurt no matter what. We sometimes have to tread lightly and remember we are here to inform not insult. Truly I've been watching and so far all is good. Arguments are going to happen and arguments are good because they often generate lots of good response and ideas. Point is I do not want to remove good discussions from this forum but just keep it civil. I will delete all traces of inappropriate language or defaming and derogatory comments.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
but andrew is a likeable guy now. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Since when?:)

back on topic though, it may or may not be the exact same process as the link jackson posted a few posts up, but it should be similar enough to get you through it. It really shouldn't be all that hard to change them either

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.