Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
*Whistle* I'm throwing the bullshit flag on that one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah these have been around for some time. If you are actually using RACE gas NOT pump gas, then they will make a difference for a day at the track. Otherwise your IAT is pretty important, considering it tells the computer how hot the air entering the engine is.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah these have been around for some time. If you are actually using RACE gas NOT pump gas, then they will make a difference for a day at the track. Otherwise your IAT is pretty important, considering it tells the computer how hot the air entering the engine is.

i think you may be wrong there buddy... they have these for every car... the only thing it is is a 2c resistor. made the mistake when i was new to car modding years ago. it is just a resistor that tells the engine you are not getting enough air in your fuel... but you can only take in so much air without being FI. waist of money. if i was heartless i would sell these on ebay too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i saw these and had to laugh i know a kid who put one on his cavi. mind you this kid is a real tool. all they do is make your car run like they do when its cold. and if your guy's are anything like mine that aint for sh**

·
Registered
27 Posts
i think you may be wrong there buddy... they have these for every car... the only thing it is is a 2c resistor. made the mistake when i was new to car modding years ago. it is just a resistor that tells the engine you are not getting enough air in your fuel... but you can only take in so much air without being FI. waist of money. if i was heartless i would sell these on ebay too.

I am no wrong, even ZZP sells something like this for RACE applications, and they state it should only be used while racing with RACE gas, and has been proven on Dyno for an extra 20hp...I'm not stupid enough to put one on my car for everyday, and you are right, the people trying to pass it off as a good modification on eBay are heartless SOBs.

PS...don't call me "Buddy"

·
Registered
594 Posts
The only chip to work is the jet chip pcm for the cars,which was already proven on a thread here.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
The only chip to work is the jet chip pcm for the cars,which was already proven on a thread here.
For every day driving, but little shortcuts like a resister can prob be used for the track. I wouldn't do it, but I'm not 100% confident with my knowledge (i have very little as far as under the hood). Someone with the expertise may know what's a good trick for a few horses temporarily.

Again though I should still be listed as "newbie" lol :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.