Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every two years in Ohio we need to get an Echeck to make sure we meet emissions standards. I have a cai, and if I get a tsudo catback exhaust and a downpipe with a hi-flow cat think I would pass?? I don't wanna deal with that s*** if I won't

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I am 21 and I have never had to take my cars in for an echeck.... I believe when i was driving my moms truck in high school it had to go in, but theyve since done away with echecks. Matter of fact, the building in which they did the echecks, on route 40 east of springfield, was just remodeled into a sweet fire station....

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Ok I checked, in 2004 my area was no longer required to do echecks, however seven counties in the cleveland akron area are still required to undergo an echeck.

From the epa website
"Under the new eight-hour ozone standard, the following counties in the Cleveland & Akron area are required to continue the E-Check program; Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage & Summit counties."

I take it you live in one of those counties, and digress, I cannot help you with this situation since I have no experience with echecks.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Eh. I've seen some pretty bad rattletraps rolling around in Ohio. You should pass.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Dude you will be fine. My buddies Srt-4 and his Integra GSR all have full exhaust systems and passed with flying colors. You being obd-2 they hook it up to the computer. Hell my 94 Grand Am with a side exhaust passed and it had a leaking head gasket!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha thanks, I had an old geo that failed and it made me paranoid. But thanks I'll take your word for it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.