Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
so far so good but make sure u water or air test it first. i water tested it before i installed it an found a couple of leak's i just had to wrap a few pieces with teflon tape an now works great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going to try this, my Cobalt is brand new and it seems like a good idea to take care of the engine in the long run. Did you remove the plastic covers from your engine? If so why?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm going to try this, my Cobalt is brand new and it seems like a good idea to take care of the engine in the long run. Did you remove the plastic covers from your engine? If so why?
Some think it looks better with it off. I do and it doesn't hurt the engine at all.

·
Registered
229 Posts
hey guys here how i did it. u take the hose that it comes with an hook it to both of the barb fittens making a loop at the top were the hoses hook up then turn assembly upside down so the drain plug is facing up then unscrew the drain plug at the bottom an fill with water an check for leaks my leaked on the clear plastic tube& one of the allen screws(fixed screw leak by teflon taping it& clear peice just try to push it in a little bit) hope this help good luck!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I had to clean mine so often I removed it and put it back to normal. Mine would fill with goo thick as molasse in one month and if I didn't clean it then it would plug and not vent anymore. So I clean the throttle body once in a while, no biggy.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well @ 376000Kms I think she's allowed a few more drops of goo than a new car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well @ 376000Kms I think she's allowed a few more drops of goo than a new car.
HOLY ****

what maintenance did you do lol, I know my old car (van) started falling apart at 220k KM

stupid ford

I wish mine lasts me 376000KMS (Only at 100K KM right now)

·
Registered
6 Posts
anyone ever see this done on an 07 ss/sc? would it be useful??

41 - 60 of 62 Posts