Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Cobalt LS. I am looking for a filter and part number, that has a check valve built in.
Is there such a filter?
If so, a brand and or part number would be nice!
Thanks

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
I only run the Delco filter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate all the reply's!
I checked on the Napa Gold, it is supposed to be a better filter, but in its description, it does not mention a built in check valve.
Just wondering if the AC Delco filter or the Autozone filter specify a check valve?

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
There isn't one. It's a cartridge.

Looks like this, no moving parts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There isn't one. It's a cartridge.

Looks like this, no moving parts.

The picture looks like the one I bought from Wally World. It had no moving parts either.

I just got done looking on Autozone.com
The Fram Tough Guard, descrition says it has a Anti drain back valve.
Here is the Link
Fram Tough Guard/Oil Filter (TG9018) | 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt 4 Cylinders F 2.2L SFI DOHC | AutoZone.com
I might have to try one, or at least go by and take one out of the box, and inspect it for myself. See if it has any moving parts!

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
Looking at the site it says No Anti Drain Back valve.

Ya, the filters are just a cartridge. Easy to change, durable too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at the site it says No Anti Drain Back valve.

Ya, the filters are just a cartridge. Easy to change, durable too.
In the product description, it states it has the Anti drain back valve. But, also at the bottom in the specs. It says No Anti drain back.
I will go look at one first chance I get.
I looked the part number up for the Fram Tough Guard filter, at Walmart.com.
Here is its Description.
FRAM TG9018 Tough Guard Oil Filter:

•Uses a 9 percent higher level of synthetic media
•Provides 6 times more engine protection than the average leading economy oil filter
•Outstanding 99 percent dirt trapping efficiency
•Silicone anti-drainback valve holds a reserve of oil in the filter to help protect the engine during start-ups

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
I understand that you may be looking for something a little different. However, the recommended oil filter for the 2007 Cobalt has a GM Part Number 12605566 and an ACDelco Part Number PF457G.

Hope this is helpful in some way for you,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I never had a problem with the FRAM Tough Guard. Maybe Sarah can also tell us who makes oil filters for GM because we all know GM contracts out the manufacturing of there filters.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Champ Labs make the GM and Ac Delco filters I am a tech rep for Champ and can get answers to any question you have about them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I use Fram also. I change the oil and filter every 3k miles and conveniently get both at the local WalMart. I might be more inclined to use OEM parts if the change interval was > what it is.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you try both remote? Resetting oil life should not affect remote doors. Coincidence.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
any one have keyless entry problems, mine stopped working after i changed oil and reset the oil life. 2006 LTZ
javarudy,

I see this post is from Friday - have you had any luck since then in looking into this?

Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^Thread jacker!!! haha
OP: why are you so concerned about what filter you are using? I'd say AC Delco, Wix, AMSoil, any of them will do basically the same thing. As long as you are changing it at regular intervals it wont make much of a difference. the oil actually makes more of a difference than the filter.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The little silicone "O"ring is what stops the oil from draining back. That's it. All cartridge filters have them. Fram filter also comes whit new cap seal. If you buy an AC Delco you don't get this seal. Mind you I have never seen one of these damaged.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.