Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering everyone's opinion on oil filters is. Just curious I have used AC delco and gram filters mostly. Whats you favorite brand?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been running my oil life monitor down to about 20-25% this is usually about 7500-8000 miles. I have been using full synthetic and again misty Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1. I have been reading that the AC delcos are good ones for the ecotec cartridge filter setup.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The Ac Delcos are about the same as the Mobil 1 filters so they will be find. I work for the company that makes both of those filters the only real difference is the color of the plastic. How do they look when you change them are they crushed down or anything?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No the AC delcos's and the Frams always have looked good coming out. The only one I had that looked crushed was a SuperTech filter from Walmart. It was ripped or anything just a little creased.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Sorry I meant that it was NOT ripped just creased.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you can get Ac Delcos at a good price I would run them thats all I have used in my car since I bought it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I buy mopar filters and run full synthetic and change every 10k km and my filters look brand new other than a little dark. I tried changing filters at about 6k km but the filters look like I just put them in.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i run Mobil 1 or Delco filters and Mobil 1 5W-30 EP. change it about 7500-8K and i have 177K miles. no issues, though i have developed a small leak. its just seepage, nothing on the ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.