Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Cobalt and have a new oil leak on the bottom of the motor do you know what this could be

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Probably coming from above, maybe the oil pressure sending unit's diaphragm has failed or a valve cover gasket.

I'm surprised your oil pan isn't leaking, it's got a nice ding.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or is it AC Delco d 18498 for $11.38 on RockAuto and is this located on the front right above the starter

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Is it where it's leaking from? And yes it's on the front above the starter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was oil dripping off the starter but I cleaned it all up and change the oil this morning I just drove it 5 miles and there's not oil near the starter only on the bottom in the picture so I don't think the pressure switch is leaking but I can't be sure

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Best way is to shampoo the engine and clean as much as you can then take it out for a drive and check it. Did you change the oil before the picture or after?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The picture was after I changed the oil it's fresh oil leaking I'll try the shampoo this week and thanks

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Possible if the rear main seal was leaking.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had an oil leak in the same spot a few years ago on my 2006 Pontiac G5/Pursuit...Maybe I was lucky but a can of Bar's Leaks Rear Main Seal Repair and 2 oil changes later (using Motormaster 5w30 high mileage oil ), the leak was gone and hasn't come back !!!!! Good luck.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had an oil leak in the same spot a few years ago on my 2006 Pontiac G5/Pursuit...Maybe I was lucky but a can of Bar's Leaks Rear Main Seal Repair and 2 oil changes later (using Motormaster 5w30 high mileage oil ), the leak was gone and hasn't come back !!!!! Good luck.
Sounds like a good idea when Coby told me it might be a main bearing I thought Lucas Oil engine oil stop leak so I put in a quart and I'll see what happens

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.