Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a small search about oil but for those who have the oil meter we all kno when you get an oil change you start at 100% but how far do you go down to?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have let mine go to around 15% before but typically change it every 5k with mobile 1 synthetic. I spoke with a GM engineer before and they told me that whatever sensors they use for that meter will actually distinguish between regular and synthetic and that it check a wide range of variables to computer the % left. With that being said tho I never fully trust a glorified dummy light.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Search your glove box... there should be a little book in there that tells U ALL about it.. and it's by the folks that designed, built, warrantied and service your car...... follow THEIR recommendations.

·
Registered
810 Posts
no i just hit 7000 today and i got my last one around 5000.. think it might just be my computer?

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
I change it whenever. I wanna do it here soon, I'm in the low 20s, a little over 5k miles. I'm running Mobil 1 Full Synthetic.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Believe it or not I run dino oil. I know they say synth is better for mpg, but in my testing it has never made any difference.

They say, and I have no proof, that the harder you drive the car the faster the oil life will go down. Something to do with higher rpm.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya usually when i do it , the % is at 65 or so, but on a full tank i can only seeem to get 250 miles per tank, but when i fill it up all the way the mpg meter says like 330 or something or another, idk y i get so little

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.