Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one installed and oil pressure gauge, is it eay and how do you do it, should i take it to some one or is it easy enough for me to do my self

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
the head bottle necks the oil passages or something. not sure exactly but it will either give half or double the oil press. i forgot what, but the bottom line is it reads funky. mine was kind of a pain in the ass, just do the metric adapter from the oil filter housing (replacing the factory sender), either tee off and still use the factory sender with the aftermarket one or just replace with the aftermarket line or electric sender. i used an a/n line from the metric adapter to the gauge inside the car. you'll need about 20 feet. 16 was veeeerrrrry tight.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
yeah whats funny is, the oil pressure in these cars usually exceeds 110-115 psi anyway, even warmed up. so be sure to get a gauge that will read that high. mine is pretty much useless cause it goes to 100.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
the thing about an oil pressure gauge is it really depends where you tap the motor. if it's in the head, you get used to those numbers. if it's in the oil filter housing, you get used to those. it's just there to tell you if something's acting up, and really doesn't matter much what the exact pressure is. you get used to what you have and based on those readings you can tell what your oil pressure is doing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.