Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats your favorite/most trusted oil that you use....

Oil:
car(s)/Engine(s)
how often:
other:

Recarobalt_RLC added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Oil: Mobil 1 full synthetic
car(s)/Engine(s): Cobalt SS 2.0, 2005 Corvette Z51 6.0, and 1985 Corvette 5.7 LT1
how often: Every 3k or 3 months
other:always trusted mobil 1 oil.... it seems to keep my car in great shape...

·
Registered
673 Posts
For me it's Mobile 1 full synthetic, every time, every car. I change every 5k miles.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i also use mobil 1, and also change about 5k miles. i just bought 7 quarts of royal purple, wanted to see what all he hype is about. but damn, is that crap expensive. mobil 1 costs me about 27 dollars, the rp was close to 50!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha yeah sometimes u have to bend over and take one for the team... haha, let us know how RP is

·
Registered
159 Posts
I work at Advance Auto and the best oil to use is Mobil 1 Synthetic. I myself use Valvoline SynPower 5w30 due to the fact that it was buy one get one free at the time. I've run it ever since and I like it. But my other friends use Mobil 1 Synthetic. But for regular oil...I like Castrol GTX.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i doubt it's giong to live up to the hype. people claim they feel such a difference, but come on. in reality, who the hell can tell a difference between 260 and 263 whp?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i wouldnt us that oil... it gunks up your shit!

Recarobalt_RLC added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

oh and dont trust a computer.....

·
Registered
139 Posts
I guess I'll be the first to find out about that. So far over 2 years and 71k miles later the discoloration when I change the oil looks good so the 'puter is working too. *knock on head*

Wife tell me I'm too trusting............

·
Registered
463 Posts
Valvoline and i usually change it when my car dings at me so about at 40% usually a little over 5k depending on how the car is driven.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oil: Mobil 1 full synthetic
car(s)/Engine(s): Cobalt LS 2.2, Honda Civix DX
how often: 3months
other: I used to run Quaker State, but everyone said not to use it anymore.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
i wouldnt us that oil... it gunks up your shit!

Recarobalt_RLC added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

oh and dont trust a computer.....
You created a thread asking people what oil they use. they post what they use and then you tell them they shouldn't use it:eek:. What exactly is the point of your thread:confused: - to try and change everyone to using the oil you use:confused:?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You created a thread asking people what oil they use. they post what they use and then you tell them they shouldn't use it:eek:. What exactly is the point of your thread:confused: - to try and change everyone to using the oil you use:confused:?
um yeah thats exactly it... mobil 1 is paying me to be a forum spy and change everyones thoughts on there oil....

there were other oil choices that i didnt bash, i bashed one oil.... and i only warned him of the possible down the road damages to his car from using that oil...

but your probably right... i retract my statment about Penzoil... use it all you want it is the best oil ever made and will never gunk up your motor...

(i thought a forum is a place to share information and tips... i must have been wrong)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
um yeah thats exactly it... mobil 1 is paying me to be a forum spy and change everyones thoughts on there oil....

there were other oil choices that i didnt bash, i bashed one oil.... and i only warned him of the possible down the road damages to his car from using that oil...

but your probably right... i retract my statment about Penzoil... use it all you want it is the best oil ever made and will never gunk up your motor...

(i thought a forum is a place to share information and tips... i must have been wrong)
LoL! You got it, that's all that matters. It's not my place to berate you....but...."Nailing" someone for their answer has a way of stopping the flow of ideas. Others may not post because they don't want to have you "nailing" them publically over their answer. There's no right or wrong answer to your question.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just trying to help a guy out thats all man... sharing what i have heard about a bad product... i didnt even really bash him just said that it wasnt good oil, and why it not...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.