Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HAHA, just as the thread title says, have i gone mad?

Everyone knows about my current pride and joy, my 1992 Chevrolet Corsica...... Here's the low-down on what is gonna happen to it:

One of my friends decided to have a little fun with my passenger seat when i went into a store to grab a few things, and ended up breaking the back of it.

I happen to be rummaging around in the scrap yard today, and came across a trashed riced out Neon 4 door, and got the bright idea to yank the seats out of it!!!!!

the bonus part: The seats new cost about $300, I am going when there is a "seat sale", and getting them for $30 for the pair!!!!!!

the downside??? I have to pull them out myself, eh!?!?!

Now would you do it for seats that looked like this???

**NOTE**

Phone pics of said neon to come!!!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
One man's junk is another man's treasure. I don't know why someone did not snap those up, but you are coming out a winner with that deal!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
someone hasnt taken them yet, because it is sitting in the fast-picking pile of cars.....they release them to grab every saturday(someone else showed up @ the same time as me, and wanted to Dibs the rims on the car)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, as promised, here are the pics of the car, keep in mind they were taken with my camera phone, so......

And the seats i am getting from it........

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice find! I remember the pick-n-pulls back in California. To my knowledge, the scrap yards out here in Tucson are some kind of union outfit where you tell them the part you want and they will pull it for you and charge you for their diligent labor. The last part I wanted they did not have but "ordered it" from another yard. Really I received a new unit from a warehouse with their handling fee on top. Lam. I'll be watching for pics of the seats in your Corsica!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
**UPDATE**

I was the first person in line at the wreckers when they opened this morning to release the pack of hungry testosterone-filled dogs upon that one little unsuspecting Neon, hehehe

Needless to say, i got my seats, with no resistance from the angry mob of people who showed up just as the gate was opened, hoping to somehow miraculously come free with the bounty of an aftermarket part for bargain-basement prices......

I have a few pics of the seat, and the stats:

2x Ractive orange and black cloth bucket racing seats woth sliding rails

Retail new: $350 CDN for the pair

Purchase price??? $28.32 for the pair!!!!(tax included)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have one dilema, i gotta make a bracket that'll allow a 2 rail aftermarket seat, slide into a one rail, roll-track seat mount...........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.