Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning all. My name is Gary............ And I'll drop the rest of the crap after that as it would feel like i was at school on the first day of a new class.

I have an 06 LT Sedan that I just bought a little over a month ago with 103000 on it. It was a fleet car for a company my gf's mom works at so I got a really good price well below what the market price is where I live for these cars. It is white and I can't stand the color, but they only buy white vehicles..... This car may be in store for some upgrades but I'm not sure yet.

My GF has a 05 LS Sedan, that we bought from the same company about a year and a half ago when her grand am (also bought from the same company and had lasted for 5 years which considering she knows nothing about cars is a miracle) got totalled. This cobalt is a utility car at best and her daily driver, haven't had many problems with it, and will never put much time or money into making it anythin gmore than it is.

I live in michigan, which sucks....

I'm a network administrator full time, student full time, and mechanic when the need arises.

I started working on cars when I was very young as my dad was once a mechanic.

I have owned and worked on
1985 Dodge Extended Cargo Van (tune ups, it died in an accident 3 months after I got it)
1989 Ford Tempo (tune ups, brakes, it died when the bf of a girl i was "Friends" with let the oil out of the engine while I was working, and then I drove it up north without knowing it was out of oil)
1987 Chrysler Lebaron Turbo (This car didn't die, I actually sold it when I got the van)
1994 Chevy Astro Van (replaced the motor, rear end, and many other parts, put close to 100k on it then let it sit and ended up scrapping it)
1986 Nissan 300zx Turbo (tons of work on this car, eventually started a rebuild project on it and had to let it go due to funding issues)
1999 Chevy Malibu (brakes, water pump, struts, tune-ups, tie rod ends, electrical problems, etc, etc, etc, Sold When I bought the Balt)
2006 Cobalt LT

Anyone else from southeast michigan?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
cool. Long intro. So...what are you waiting for? post some pics of your cobalts!

Oh and welcome to the site!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool. Long intro. So...what are you waiting for? post some pics of your cobalts!

Oh and welcome to the site!!
It's winter in michigan so no pics for a few months, cause I refuse to stand outside in the winter and I don't have that big of a garage.

They are both stock white sedans for now.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Welcome to YC. The weather sucks up there. I lived across the border in Ft. Wayne IN for many years, and much prefer it down here in Tennessee. Hell, I just got done hand washing my balt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.